It's funny, since I've started blogging, I've definitely started making other new blogging friends that I feel like I would totally click with in real life! There are some amazing people out there. This girl is one of them. I was nominated for the Liebster Award by cute Shambray from shambray.com. Thanks so much girl! Go visit her blog, love her ideas and happy life! I feel honored she chose me.
Here are the Rules:
1. You have to link back to the person that nominated you.
2. You must answer 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you.
3. After completing these questions you must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your choice.
4. You must not nominate the person who nominated you.
5. You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
I will go ahead and do my part on this by answering the questions she asked me.
1. What made you want to start a blog? I wanted to start this blog because when I first became a mom, I really struggled. Struggled so much that I didn't even trust myself with my own baby. I decided that instead of feeling sorry for myself and feeling inadequate, I had to do something about it. I knew that there were other moms out there who felt the same way. I figure if we can join forces and help each other out then I've done my job. I think moms need a sisterhood or support group.
2. How did you choose your blog name? I actually created the group on Facebook before creating this blog and I called it "The Mamahood" group. I got the name from the movie Raising Helen where when she has to take on 3 kids and she's exhausted but loving it, her neighbor says "Welcome to The Mamahood."
3. How long have you been blogging? I've always had a personal blog probably for the past 5 years or so to use as a journal type thing, but The Mamahood group started when my son was born so that I could ask other moms questions on facebook, and this blog was created this summer when I moved to Texas and felt the need to reach out to other new moms who might be struggling with the adjustment.
4. What is your favorite post or project that you are most proud of? Because this is a community blog, I love spotlighting moms and hearing their stories. I think Monday Mama Moment is my fav so far!
5. What is your dream travel destination? I've lived in Africa for a short time, and would go back in a heart beat to see my cute kids over there that I worked with. Miss them everyday.
6. What is your favorite part in your house? Hmmm... i'm no interior designer, but I would have to say my pallet shelf that I wanted to make while I was pregnant and my sister surprised me with it last year for Christmas since my babe was born 4 days before! See exhibit A and B.
7. What is something you would change about your house? I'm currently working on some curtains for the nursery... please bless they turn out!;)
8. What is your guilty pleasure? Ice cream in bed:/ I could have a Reese's blizz from DQ any day.
9. What is your favorite book? I just recently started to enjoy reading and LOVE Nie Nie's book. She's wonderful.
There ya have it!
1. West Coast Mama
2. Growing Up Madison
3. It's Been Delicious
4. Keep Moving Forward With Me
5.Love Love Love You
6. Simply Sweet Moments
7.Shine Bright Little Mama
9.Jess Loves This Life
10.Songbirds and Buttons
11.A Complete Waste of Makeup
1. What made you want to start a blog?
2. How did you come up with the title for your blog?
3. How long have you been blogging for?
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
5. What is a secret obsession of yours?
6. What is something on your bucket list?
7. What is one of the hardest things you've had to overcome?
8. What was one of the happiest moments of your life?
9. What is something that nobody knows about you?
10. What is your favorite post, or one you are most proud of?
11. What is it that motivates you and what do you want to become?
Congrats to all of you that I picked! I'm not able to find the number of followers you have on a lot of these so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules;)
Don't forget to mention me in your blog when you nominate others. I'm excited to see what your answers are! Have the best day!