Tuesday, September 9, 2014

{Love Notes} You Are Doing Terrifically Well

Today I stumbled across this talk and my eyes created puddles on the floor. It's too good not to share.

This is the whole purpose behind why I wanted to start this blog. So many young (or old) mothers struggle and need the Savior's help. Whether we are in the middle of caring for an infant, toddler, teen, adult, or even those who aren't yet mothers that have a role in any child's life...this applies to all.

If you don't have time to watch or read it, fast forward to minute 8:00 and listen with your whole heart.



















I love when he says:

"...It is clear that some of those Rhode Island-sized shadows (under mother's eyes) come not just from diapers and carpooling but from at least a few sleepless nights spent searching the soul, seeking earnestly for the capacity to raise these children to be what God wants them to be. Moved by that kind of devotion and determination, may I say to mothers collectively, in the name of the Lord, you are magnificent. You are doing terrifically well."

I think sometimes we just need to be told that.

Being a mom is the best and hardest thing I've ever done in my life. My heart has smiled the biggest, but also cried the hardest. I know that I still have lots of good and bad days ahead, but with His help, we can do it. If I can help even just one mom realize that, then I've done my job.

I know there are lots of other moms who struggle like I do. So if you're reading this and have had one of those hard days I've talked about... I echo what Holland said:

You are doing terrifically well.

Pin it or Print it:






post signature

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Elder Holland! This talk is wonderful for mothers and we should listen to it at least weekly! I am so happy I found your blog. I love it. I have nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. You can read more about it here: http://www.shambray.com/2014/09/i-was-nominated-for-leibster-award-at.html

    Shambray
    http://www.shambray.com

    ReplyDelete