Wednesday, July 2, 2014

#mamafails

What started off as a great day at the pool ended with mud in the hair, spills, and floods (how do we seriously have some kind of leak or flood in every place we live??) oh and did I mention... My child rolling OFF my bed and landing on his face? Yes. Mother of the year award probably goes to me as usual.  It was one of those days that I wanted to just push a "restart" button. 

The maintenance guy to fix our leak was the classic. He didn't speak a lot of English which is fine... But I don't speak a lick of Spanish so the convo went something like this:


Me: "hi so we have a leak coming from the AC in our ceiling... See that bowl FULL of water? That's from the leak."


Henry: "I see. No wet on ceiling now. Dry."


Me: "uhh are u sure?? I've heard it dripping all day."


I leave the room all annoyed that he was just tryin to pull a fast one on me and get outta his job early.


All of a sudden I hear  laughs coming from the bathroom followed by a waterfall. I seriously wish I took a pic. Henry (I don't even know his real name but it fits for some reason) had tilted the ceiling up as, no joke, BUCKETS of water came pouring down onto his head. Haha I'm sorry but I died. How was I the only one witnessing this?


All I could do was throw him a towell and dodge the muddy water as I tried to gather my stuff.  My life today. 


Best part? He accidentally left his shades on the bathroom floor during the hurricane. Guess I'll be sportin those tomorrow at my next play date. ;)


Heaven help this day. 




Ps. Anyone have any great #mamafails stories? I would love to hear them so that I can come out of the hole I've crawled myself into!


Yours truly.

2 comments:

  1. Avery has fallen off our bed before too. We all have our moments. :) Trust me you are not the only one! I look forward to more posts! Hope you are loving Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! Glad you can laugh - some people aren't relaxed enough to see the humor in those moments. :)

    ReplyDelete